SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rfordham811

hot all night long

rfordham811
15 years ago

hello there. i am trying to get a sense of whether my symptoms could be perimenopausal. a month ago one night, i suddenly began getting significantly overheated at night, first while i slept, and then also toward evening time. this started after a significantly stressful event (6 weeks) of a diagnosis of IBS, where i experienced high levels of anxiety and subsequently went on anti-depressants (paxil). i am 41 years old, and my periods are as regular as they have ever been. i can not describe these episodes as 'hot flashes' because they are not flashes - they last all night long. i am not running a fever, either by mouth or skin temperature. when i am hot there is flushing of my skin, but i am not bright red. my throid tested normal, as did a test for TB. i am not soaking the sheets, only slight 'contact' sweating (like where my legs touch together). at night, my hands get so hot they are burning. if i get out of bed, i cool down, but as soon as i lie down again, i feel like a radiator. and here's the crazy thing - if i sleep in past sunrise, i am suddenly able to sleep and tolerate the bedcovers, even feeling warm and cozy or having a chill or two. i have no other symptoms, and tests since my IBS diagnosis have been normal (colonoscopy, red/white blood cell count, abdominal ultrasound, parasites, thyroid). Could this be perimenopause?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm