SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisahpookie

Fibromyalgia...how many?

LisaHpookie
11 years ago

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 13 years ago, I'm 44 yrs old and in the middle of Peri menopause. I am also an older mom, have my first 3 kids in my 20's and early 30's....then when I turned 40 I found myself pregnant again lol My last child was the only one I was pregnant with while having Fibro.

It seems this Peri menopause is making my Fibro flares occur more often and more severe....then on top of that I have all those nasty symptoms of Peri...nausea, inability to sleep through the night, horrific mood swings, and my periods are all over the place. They were 28 days like clock work then after the birth of my 4th child it went crazy. Started every 20-22 days, missed one period completely 2 yrs back and I would have some periods not happen til like day 32. Now this past month in Dec...had one normal period then 18 days later I had another (I think lol) It was brown, then bright red, but not alot and lasted 3 days. Not sure if that was another period or spotting lol I have no idea if I'm into day 16 of my cycle *because I think I may of had a period* OR if I'm late because that wasn't a period and it was spotting!!! lol Gotta love this.

Just finding it really hard to deal with BOTH at the same time. Also, ordered Maca even though I don't get the hot flashes if I do they are mild and are rare.

Comments (3)

• worriedone
    11 years ago

Just a suggestion, Know The Cause *Doug Kaufmann. I know, another know it all? Not so fast. He attributes many conditions, ailments, disease to diet.

He has found thru his own life storm that FUNGUS which is a KNOWN poison/carcinogenic is allowed in our GRAINS and CATTLE that we ingest, cause so many inflammations and disease - it will make your head spin.

Menopause is a natural occurrence. I am going thru it. While being organic, gluten free, supplementing with Iodoral, magnesium, selenium, vit c, d3, b12 to name a couple.

I eliminated IBS and all those drugs/tests. GERD/reflux and very expensive drugs for that. Sinus infections - the antibiotics were adding to my misery and so were the steroids. Just money down the drain.

MIGRAINES ARE GONE, too!

It is unreal. I thought for sure I would be the sick one all the time taking countless meds for this and that. I do not. In a way, I do not trust them, anymore. I took them for far too long and they did nothing to CURE me.

Good luck to you. I hope you get your health back soon.

:)

This post was edited by worriedone on Thu, Jan 17, 13 at 13:28

• LisaHpookie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just started taking Maca root 3xs a day, and my hormonal moods are gone!!!! I love love this supplement! I agree, I trust nothing any longer. I tried being gluten free, didn't help and being organic I can only do for certain things where I live. Plus the price is so expensive and I have a family of 6 so its almost impossible to afford the healthier items. But I do agree with you...if I could afford to eat the way you do I would feel a lot better. Only medication I take is the Norco's for pain. I also take my sublingual vitamin D3 and sublingual B12 along with my Maca.

All those anti depressants and other pills are HORRIBLE for you. IF I could find something to replace my Norco with that gives me the same pain relief that it provides I would do it in a heart beat.

• cookie8
    11 years ago

I have endometriosis, heavy periods arthritis, psoriasis signs of fibromyalgia but not officially diagnosed and others (yay me). My conditions flared up badly after my last child was born to a point of almost being incapacitated. Reactions to medications led me to alternative medicine and wow, so happy. All my symptoms are in remission. For me it started with a hardcore elimination diet and seeing results within days. It has been two years playing around with diet and supplements and it (my health) is pretty much there. There is a lot of research online to be found when looking for natural alternatives. It is hard to figure out as I have a hard time believing any one plan could work for everyone. We are so unique it is up to us to play around, journal and pay attention to ourselves. It was well worth it for me and I am medication free for all my ailments.

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor