Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Normal?

Posted by RJL123 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 13:56

I haven't had a period in 5 months. I went to the Dr about a month ago after I started having hot flashes. She did the test to see if I was starting/going through menopaus and it came back positive. My question is, I started bleeding today and it feels like a period. Is this normal? Dr office closed today so I can't call them until Monday. Just a little worried something isn't right. Thanks for any input :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Normal?

Yes, unfortunately it is normal. I went without a period for 4 blessed months and my OBGYN wasn't impressed and told me that I would most likely get a period again eventually. She was right, I just got it again and have felt like hell ever since. She said it is normal to miss a month/few months and then to get it again. That is why they add "irregular periods" to the list of peri symptoms. Don't be too worried though since this is quite normal.

o

"my OBGYN wasn't impressed"

Was your doctor no impressed because you asked a question? booked an appointment?

They are not Gods just professionals like everyone else. Don't ever let them intimidate you or give you an attitude. I could smack some doctors sometime for attitude. I hope this is not the case. If so, maybe you could find a new doctor a little more understanding.

o

Ha! How did you know? Yea, she isn't real sympathetic at all about any of this. Last summer I told her that I was having major sleep problems, probably due to peri since i am 50, and she just giggled and said to take "Tylenol PM" and left it at that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here