Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lengthening cycle

Posted by inchworminjersey (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 10, 04 at 13:23

I am forty-six and I am having one menstrual cycle on top of another. I am not too trustful of doctors...would rather find a natural way to lengthen cycle out again. I tried natural progesterone in the past and didn't find it helped and felt it caused my arm lymph nodes to swell slightly. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lengthening cycle

Why don't you get your doctor's opinion and then go on from there. As I was told year ago, when you stop ovulating, often you can stop having periods, or you can have constant ones. The doctor who told me that, was talking about my 16 year old daughter. But this may be true of menopause also. Whatever he gave her was very temporary and not relevant to your symptoms, but you might just want a blood test and find out what is going on, then go the natural way.
Sammy

o
RE: Lengthening cycle

Hi,
Just wondering if this is something that you've been dealing with for a long time. The lymph nodes swelling in the arm doesn't sound too good to me.

Maybe if you found a female doctor, you wouldn't mind going so much. I think this makes a world of difference. Please have this checked out------there may be something readily available that can help you. Keep us posted on how you do.

Also, just wanted to say that when I started menopause----it was a slowing down of my period. One month I would have a period of 4 days, the next month 3------till eventually I wasn't having a period. Of course, each person is different. But, I really hope you'll go have your problem checked out. There's some really nice female doctors who understand our situations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here