Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bloating Upper Ab after taking Maca Root

Posted by LisaHpookie (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 13:17

Anyone else take this stuff? It has helped my anxiety a lot, I have ZERO anxiety (which I have generalized anxiety disorder) but since taking it I have been bloated in my Upper Abdomen. I also went to my regular Dr on the 14th of this month, BEFORE the bloat started. I gained probably 5 pds since Sept.

Anyone else have bloating in the Upper abdomen and weight gain? Oh and Im on day 40 of my cycle....last month period hit on day 18 of my cycle and now its a waiting game. I pray this bloat goes away WHEN my cycle hits. I DO have an appt with my Gyne Feb 12 and will go back on the mini pill, and ask for a transvaginal sonogram to check on my ovaries to make sure nothing sinister is happening.

Thanks
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bloating Upper Ab after taking Maca Root

I take Maca Powder daily..not sure of the dosage since it is a powder, but probably about 1000- 1500-mg. I put it in smoothies. Have not noticed any bloating/

The powder works better than some pills I tried. My flashes are sporadic and short now, as opposed to frequent and long lasting. My night sweats got bad in the last month, but I altered my bedding and sweat a lot less now.

I don't take Maca on Sundays...giving the body a break.

I think it is working for me and do recommend it - but you can't have thyroid issues. Maca should not be used if you have thyroid issues.

o
RE: Bloating Upper Ab after taking Maca Root

I recently came across organic Peruvian Maca powder in my local health food grocery store and started to read up on it. It is derived from a root.

: info maca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here