SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

I can't get warm enough to fall asleep

phylrae
13 years ago

I am wondering if this has anything to do with menopause (I'm 53 & Dr. said recently that my blood levels showed that I was near the end stage of menopause).

I am usually too warm all day long (only wear short sleeves inside, even in winter) & also have hot flashes. I am not taking anything for them as they are manageable.

My problem is that it may take me 1 1/2-2 hours to get warm enough at bedtime to fall asleep! :0( I will put on 4 comforters and wear a sweatshirt w/hood & thick breathable socks. My feet are like ice. I still shiver!

Doc recently said my circulation was excellent & I'm not anemic. I am in very good health otherwise. When I FINALLY do fall asleep, I wake up 2 hours later so overheated that I can barely breathe!! So I take all the extra clothes/socks & blankets off.

Is the FREEZING part a symptom of menopause? I can't seem to find anything online about it! I ordered an electric throw to warm up my bed before I go to bed. I don't like electric currents so will turn it off after the bed is warm.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Phyl

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor