Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
describe heart palpalations

Posted by Okla_gal (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 02 at 0:39

there was so many of us that has been having these and it makes me wonder how do you describe yours and does any certain thing bring them on? I also went to the dr. w/ mine and have not got results back yet. I too get upset about them which makes them worst. I had a complete physical and am worried about my results. I was also wondering if you are real close to menopause but take HRT should you have symptoms as if you took nothing? I have started a daily diary and am trying to pinpoint mine. Mine seem to come on if I have stomache probs or need to change my hormone patch. My heart seems to beat fast but also pound. I can burp and mine goes away then returns. I get them for a few days then they go away and don't return for a month or so. I have also went to my chriopractor and he will adjust me and I won't have them for a long time. He says if your out of line it can cause them. I would like to hear how all of yours are and what you feel like brings them on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: describe heart palpalations

Hello
Well I dont exactly get the heart palpitations, but many times I can hear my heart pumping my ears........really really loud, that it interferes with hearing. If I also yawn or burp, it goes away!~????

o

The most reliable remedy I have found for palpitations is magnesium supplements 250 mg, taken twice daily. Many women have reported relief from the magnesium.

The palpitations I have experienced have felt both like a racing feeling, an adrenaline rush, or a feeling of fluttering in the chest. They do not scare or upset me, because I know they ar not serious (in my case). They are only annoying. I have not had them since using the magnesium.

o

I have the same symptoms as Lynne...racing feeling, and either a fluttering in my chest or a pounding. I have a non-serious heart murmur, and it doesn't worry me a bit.

I haven't pinpointed anything that brings them on...perhaps being tired, drinking too much coffee. They are infrequent. I'm 44 and am not on HRT.

o

Thanks for your replies. just thought we might figure out what causes them for most of us.

o

I only get them when I wake from a nap. Very strange. My doctor said that they are probably because of where my sleep is interrupted - i.e. interrupted REM (dreaming) sleep. She was absolutely unconcerned.

o

Do any of you know what your pulse rate is at the time your heart is racing?

o

mine is around 80 or so.It seems to pound hard at times, not so much as fast just hard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here