SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
invisible_gw

Sexless Marriage

invisible
16 years ago

Looking for something that helps...I represent the "problem" in the sexless marriage. I have no explanation why I don't want to have sex with my husband. We've been together for 4 years and we had a great sex life, then we got pregnant. Somewhere in my second trimester we stopped having sex because I was physically uncomfortable. My baby is eight months now and we still haven't had sex and I have zero desire for it. I am not breast feeding but still wonder if my hormone levels might be out of whack (Wishful thinking for a quick fix). I feel as if it's a chore at times and dread any intimate contact with my husband because I know where he's wanting it to lead. I love my husband but don't have any interest in having sex. I feel guilty and many times become depressed because he constantly complains. I just wish he would understand and give me some space. Sometimes I feel like if my child isn't constantly tugging at me my husband is. I worry where this will lead our marriage. I need something to get me back on track. I've taken several different medications for depression since I've had the baby and the side effects seem to make it worse. To be honest I'm sick of taking medications to try to fix the problem. Work has been a huge stresser so I've changed jobs, unfortunately now my husband it stressing about money because of the change, which is only adding more stress on our marriage. I have even tried to take the advice and force myself however I just can't tune in.

After reading many posts I almost feel worse...things that are affecting me are viewed as "excuses".. They aren't excuses in my case. I feel awful, embarrassed and ashamedfulling that I am not able to fulfull my husband's needs. Most days I AM running on fumes and am utterly exhausted. My husband and I are both in law enforcement so we both have conflicting schedules, which also leads to lack of adaquate sleep. I actually do have frequent headaches which seem to increase in frequency when I get sressed out.

Comments (2)

Sponsored