SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dodol_gw

nag too much, marriage on the rock

dodol
18 years ago

Similar to the post from another lady, my DH doesn't do much at home. Not only he doesn't do things traditionlly supposed to be a female's job, he doesn't do much a male suppose to do, either, such as mowing the lawn, trim branches, changing light bulbs etc. He is from a family with maids everyday and the house is like a hotel. You can use multiple towels at the same time and just throw away in the basket while the cabinet is always full of clean towels.

We both work. Frankly, I am not a clean person myself. However, since we had a baby, moved to a new city and live in a much smaller rental townhome, I need to be much more tidy than before.

He doesn't do much domestic work is one thing. What I really cannot tolerate is that I always need to clean after him. He always leaves things at an open state. For example, after he uses ketchup, he would just leave it open on the counter. He doesn't throw away the popsticle wrap or stick after finish it. He would leave his plate with left over in the sink and soak in the water, too.

I have to constantly remind him not to do so. Now, he complains that I nag too much. I am always negative. Nothing is positive out of me. I think it is either him or I would go crazy.

When he comes back home from work, he would play video game, while I have not sit in front of TV for a long time. When the baby cries at night, he would just pad me twice, to tell me to go upstairs.

I feel my marriage is on the rock. I am not happy. He is not happy. I feel very very sorry for my only 5-month-old son.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia