SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doggieden

husband. Really?

doggieden
11 years ago

I have been married for 25 years. I have 2 children who were born with a life threatening illness. Both medically stable today. Husband has supported family while I handled everything else for the first 17 years. Meaning:He felt his responsibility was to have a job.(while I have been to the hospital more than 500 times.)
He has issues with alcoholism and depression. He has mostly disregarded me. But how do you sum up a lifetime of marriage? All of the sudden he comes out of his depression and is looking towards the future. (Our entire marriage he was unable to look forward, to plan, financial or anything.)He is staying only because we are broke. (He had a tax issue). I have given 200 percent always....I handled the grief...alone. Medical issues...alone. And because I am in a world of not having much of a choice because I would do anything for my kids (Both are mentally challenged), I stay. I always thought that when I was older I would have time to do the things that I enjoyed but have put off. I have been working for the past 6 years. I do not have a degree.I work morning to night with the kids and work and not much extra. And I say "Really?". It was me that kept life moving forward. It comes down to your memories are your own and nobody cares what you have been through.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource