SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sav202020

out of chances...

sav202020
17 years ago

I just found this site searching for information about a divorce and found it very intriguing.

Unfortunately my wife and I are going to be getting a divorce. We have been together for 12 years, 2 of them marriedwe have two children, a 1 and 3 year old. Things have been very bad the past couple years and I donÂt know what to do anymore. IÂll start at the beginningÂ

About six years ago, I made some poor decisions with some money, but instead of telling her, I dug my hole deeper with lies, on top of lies, on to of getting small loans, on top of more liesÂI know she knew, sheÂs a very smart girl, but she just let it be, and I just kept on lyingÂwhen the mail would come, I would try to get to it first so she couldnÂt see anything, then people started calling me and I would lie some moreÂsomething had to be done, so I did it, I woke her up one night and told her everything about the lies, where they started, why they started, etc. She was furious and immediately things changedÂThere was no more love in our house, no more hey honey, hey baby doll, none of that, everything became on a first name basisÂit has gotten very bad since. She has since become physically abusive towards me, she tried to kick me and punch me down the stairs while I was holding our son and left me with a huge gash on my cheek and head from her nails, she was close to scratching my face again at my sisterÂs house for a party but didnÂt cause I walked out of the room we were in, she attacked me four weeks after our second son was born and I grabbed her wrists and told her she would not attack me again, then she punched and scratched my face at the ocean while I was holding my 3 year old and my one year old was screaming on the floor  I had to grab her hair and hold her away from me so she couldnÂt get at my faceÂShe has called me every name in the book, she says she does not respect me as a man, or a husbandÂshe keeps threatening to go to a lawyer, she says she doesnÂt love me at all. She wishes injury on meÂitÂs really badÂ

Yes, IÂve asked her to help me with my finances a long time ago, she says she doesnÂt have time to "babysit" my finances too. IÂve asked her three times to help me, even if she has to give me an allowance to help me, and three times IÂve been turned downÂ

IÂve suggested to her on numerous occasions to go see a marriage counselor, she says I have the problem, that itÂs not her, IÂm the reason we are like thisÂso she finally decided to go and went by herself for two sessions and didnÂt say a word to me, then said I need to go to the third session, and she pretty much bashed me, and then when it was my turn to talk she kept making noise and chiming in, it was really embarrassingÂ

Obviously there is much more to this "story", but I canÂt say everythingÂbut the bottom line is that everything she is angry with me has to do with money or the result of something money related  and now, all of the hate and anger that sheÂs taken out on me is starting to take itÂs toll on my and IÂm ready to take the next step. I JUST WANT TO KEEP MY BOYS, but I need help - I donÂt know where to turn, or who to talk to about a lawyerÂI need help finding someone that will let me know what my stance is as a man trying to fight the mother of his children for custodyÂ

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths