SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freezetag

Just found out how much my opinion is worth...

freezetag
16 years ago

There is a new health club in town, and dh got a temp membership for two weeks. He liked it, and wanted to join ($950 for three years), and was that OK? I said absolutely not! because he is gone all the time anyway, and it would just mean more time away, and more time working to pay for it. There is a small workout facility at the fire station where he works, and he can work out while on shift. Plus, he has access to another health club, where they give firefighters a free membership. But this new club has a pool, and he likes to swim. We discussed it several times, and I knew it was somthing he really wanted, but I was firm in saying that I didn't want him to.

So guess what? Today he left to go work out, and I said, "I thought your trial period was over" and he said "yes, it is". He joined anyway, and my feeling that he doesn't hear much I say, unless I agree with him, was confirmed.

Sigh... The GPS I bought him for Christmas is going back, because he has already purchased his gift himself. It is hard for me to hang in here, because I am so irritated that he doesn't listen. I am used to having my opinion heard (at work, with the kids, with my family) and expect him to as well. Glad to have a place to vent, though!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH