SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wifey1281

Oh, NO!!!! Is this a dealbreaker?

wifey1281
11 years ago

Oh my Lord, this just occurred to me. First of all, please let me apologize for starting yet another thread but I wanted to make sure this one got noticed. From my previous thread, my last entry:

"About 10 minutes into the session, she had to offer to switch me to someone else when she discovered who my husband was, because she knows him. They worked together many years ago on implementing a sports component for an after school community program. She thinks I should get his input on how he feels about her counseling me."

"Hubby is away :( but wonder of wonders, did call to see how the session went. He says he doesn't remember her from my description"

Something about the offer to recuse herself was bothering me but I couldn't put my finger on it. I mean, suppose we were both active members of the church, and she knew us that way? Or just knew him as public figure? Would that mean she couldn't counsel us (although if we were a couple it would have included a male counselor/minister also). And isn't it a common thing for ministers to know the members? So I'm wondering, could she have meant by saying that she knew him, that she REALLY KNEW him? Or maybe they were attracted to each other even if they never got involved? Why would she have asked me to discuss this with him? Maybe she was leaving it to him to tell me that they were involved with each other somehow?
Should I pursue this? Should I come out and ask her? Should I try to make him known to her. He was doing a lot of work in the community back then when his career was mostly local, so I can see how he may not remember her. The fact that he doesn't remember her really isn�t saying much, since she has a different last name, I could not think of her first name, and she hasn't been a minister that long so he wouldn't have known her as a minister. So he can only go by my physical description of her, which there is nothing that unique to identify her. She is a beautiful woman, almost star quality good looks and a good figure. Probably the description of just about every woman he was involved with!

I'm really in a quandary because I really liked her even from our brief encounter after church. She seemed like such a calming force to my stress. But gosh, if I knew they were involved somehow it is no way I could continue (could I?).

Maybe I should just ask for another counselor anyway and just be done with it?

Or maybe she could counsel me objectively, since she didn't just refuse to counsel me without giving me a choice?

Or maybe I'm just going off the deep end about this meaning more than she implied?

Your thoughts, PLEASE! Thanks!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions