Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
He Says He Doesn't Love Me Anymore

Posted by 76CINDY (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 22, 10 at 10:10

Well here goes, my husband of 32 years recently moved out. Over the past year our sex life has become few and far between. We have become more like roommates, and that is not from me trying to make it more. He keeps saying it is him and he doesn't understand what is wrong. So then in November he went hunting and met up with this 38 yr single mom woman (he is 51) who he talks to everyday, sends photo's, texts and when caught and confronted he says they did not have sex. He says he wanted to, he says she makes him feel like I did when we first met and fell in love. The last two weeks have been so hard on me. I feel like my world has fallen apart completely. He finally told me he doesn't love me anymore like a wife. He loves me like a sister. (?) What ever that means. Granted our marriage has not always been easy. We have had to work at it. But, I thought that is what we were doing. So in the short since he has moved out, I saw a lawyer began divorce proceedings. My kids tell me to not try to hold on to any hope of him coming back to move on and rebuild. Some friends say you don't give up on 32 years of marriage that easy. My nephew says he has lost his mind, and it happens to men mid age. I just don't know what direction to take. I feel like I am free falling and I don't know what I am going to hit, the cement or a fluffy bed of feathers. Has anyone else been through this kind of thing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: He Says He Doesn't Love Me Anymore

Sounds familiar. :( Minus the other woman though. He says that it's him but it doesn't understand what's wrong....he's depressed. An early sign of a mid life crisis. Believe me my ex did basically the same thing and after a few months of being on his own he started realizing what he had and had given up. I didn't fight for him and I do regret that now because I did really love him. It's too late for us. I can't live my life wondering every day "is this the day that he tells me again that he doesn't love me anymore". If you love him then fight for him. Give him a book about mid life crisis, especially one that details the depression and "lost" feel. My ex husband actually called several times to tell me about how he took all my good qualities for granted....at the time those same qualities were what made me "boring". He probably will completely dismiss the idea of a mid life crisis but that is exactly what he's going thru. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here