SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feedman_gw

Intimacy Issues

feedman
10 years ago

My wife and I married at the age of 16, we were pregnant but in love. Against all the odds we been together 34 years. Our intimacy and sex drives have been the same for the first 30 years, lots of touching hugging kisses and making love. I'm talking once to twice a day everyday. A lot of togetherness over the years.

In the last 4 years it's gone from daily to every other day, to every 3rd day, etc to once a week to every 2 weeks to every 3 weeks, to monthly and now every other month. She doesn't want any cuddling, kissing etc. We have discussed it. She says she doesn't know what's changed, says she loves me etc, just could care less that we ever had sex again.

I've offered to go to dr with her to discuss. She says dr, says it's normal for a 50yr old woman to go thru this change. She says she doesn't want to be this way. She does take Paxil for anxiety, but has for 20 years. We both are reasonably fit and attractive. It kills me to see my beautiful wife all day everyday and not have that physical relationship anymore.

More background, she is a housewife, our kids have been grown and out of the house since 1998. She is not lacking for any material things and is not having an affair. I'm retired and we spend our days together. We are both 50! I love her more than anything in the world, I've tried everything that I know to try.

I have repeatedly asked her to ask dr to check her hormone levels checked. She says no that she already has asked for that. What do I do, divorce is not in our cards, and I don't want to live without her the rest of my life. Now when I bring it up she just withdraws and refuses to discuss.

What do I do?

Comments (14)

Sponsored