SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lonecrusader

husband battered and left by wife

lonecrusader
16 years ago

It has been around few years of my marriage,My wife is short tempered from the start, but recently from the past 3 months, she has taken her sarcasm, her anger, her temper to the next level by physically abusing me. She hits me, throws things at me, and always threatens me that she will call the cops and complain that i have been hitting her, though the fact is that it was she who was hitting me all the time. I get real scared. I was living in this threatened and scary environment with her.

Millions of times in the past years, she has threatened me that she wants divorce, that our relationship is not working out, and we have many incompatibilities in likes and dislikes and hobbies.

All of a sudden, to my shock one day she left me and she is living separate. I have pleaded and begged her to come back, but she refused.

I feel helpless and am in a hopeless situation, i feel i can easily slip into depression.

My first question is,

(1) can she still call the cops now, and file a false complaint against me: that i was physically abusing her, and thats the reason she left? And am i in any danger, can i be arrested based on these false reasons?

My second question is:

(2) She has been threatening for divorce for a long time now, and for many times. Can she file a divorce under the reason of physical abuse? If she can, would i be in any danger, can i be arrested because of that?

Thanks and best regards

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor