Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
He's off his meds again!

Posted by scarlett2001 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 1:07

OK, it is the evening of Dec.22 and DH has finally decided to put up the Christmas tree. Yes, all is calm, all is bright...

Except he is decorating it with:
cat food cans
plastic bags
various items of undergarments
clothespins
forks and spoons
etc.

His doctor has advised me to "Pick my battles" and "Try not to upset him over things that are not really important."

Sometimes I think "I" should be taking the meds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: He's off his meds again!

I think I would enter it in the best recycle-reuse- themed tree contest.

My very concerned for our environment daughter once had us decorating the tree with bio-degradable items. Popcorns - before they were genetically modified, strung cranberries (messy and stains), pine cones of every shape/size, interesting foliages, etc.

Outside, tho. The critters loved the treets, too.

Yeah, let it go. It's only an advertisers holiday. Really. It's all been one big advertising campaign. For Jesus doesn't really care about tree decorations, right?

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

o

Scarlett you have my sincere admiration for living in that situation. I am not afraid of many things but that kind of thing would suck the life out of me. It was hard for me to put my husband in a care home, even after doctors told me if I did not get rid of the stress I would die before him and who would take care of him then. One day my friend told me "your life is just as important as his is". I thought about that and have never regretted placing him in a home. I have fully recovered from my stress related health problems. It was the right thing for me to do.

o

Worriedone, what great way to look at it! It's all in the perception, isn't it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here