SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjaymo_gw

34 weeks pregnant; so unhappy with husband

jjaymo
16 years ago

This will sound like a case of pregnancy woes..and don't get me wrong, I'm going through the exteme emotions with the horomonal aspect. However, I wonder if my marriage is really the trigger for my emotions. I'm 34 weeks along, this the second pregnancy, I have a 4 yr old daughter. My husband and I have been married for 8 years. Although I'm not myself, and we have not had sex since conception of this baby (well, we tried a couple times during the early stages of the pregnancy, but it was too uncomfortable for me) and the romance is not there...and this is all normal. My husband? He doesn't seem to get it and understand at all. He breaks my heart every day. Doesn't ask me how I'm doing, doesn't seem to want to be near me, doesn't ask to help me with things...I have to ask him and yet he KNOWS how difficult it is for me to ask someone to help. He's been really difficult to be around. This pregancy is not going to be a good memory in the future. I will want to forget the pregnancy, unlike my first..which was wonderful. He was so sweet to me, so loving..and get this. We weren't doing well at all before that pregnancy..we were on the outs actually, I was leaving him. But little did I know I was carrying our first child. So when we learned we were pregnant, we gave it another chance. It was wonderful. We didn't have sex through that pregnancy either, nor was I myself either...but if I got upset, he was right there. He even helped me up the stairs when I hit the 8 month mark.

Well this time, is really aweful. He even yelled at me the first time I broke down and cried because I couldn't move around the house fast enough to pick up before some of our friends came to visit...he said "Snap out of it!" and not in a fun loving way...it was real yelling. I don't like saying this, but he is making it very difficult to love him anymore. I cry over this every night now as I always go to bed alone and exhausted. Does anybody else know what this is like? Are there others our there that are going through the same thing? I even wonder if my husband really wanted us to have another baby...even after we both agreed we wanted one more child. Please, someone out there tell me if they know what this feels like and share with me.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
CARNEMARK design + build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Montgomery County Leading Design Build Firm- 11x Best of Houzz Winner!