SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swilkes3

My Husband Drinks Every Day

swilkes3
13 years ago

Well here we are. My husband started managing stress by having a few glasses of wine after work about 15 years ago. We never drank before that except at a party or office party dinner. I didn't like it from the very beginning and we had counseling to no lasting avail. Now he is drinking every evening, at least 4 drinks...usually a whole bottle of wine. On weekends even more, up to a whole 1.75 liter bottle of wine in one day. We can never go to a restaurant in the evening that doesn't serve it. He usually has 3. Many times he's had 4-5 but I've gotten him down to 3. He promised 2 when we're out so he could drive but he doesn't stick to it. When he has 3 or more I drive. He's a good man. He retires in 2 years and will be out from under the stress. I'm wondering how to handle this. We have a pretty good marriage otherwise. I can support myself so that is not an issue for me. Tonight I decided I might tell him that since drs all say men should not have more than 2 a night, that's the only way I will go out with him...if he promises to stop at 2. I really don't know. I hate it. It bothers me sometimes so much I can't describe. Other times I'm somehow able to deal with it. He is not mean but pretty disgusting sometimes and definitely not attractive. It seems very weak to me and I don't like that in a man. He has admitted there is a problem, cuts back a little for a week or so,then it's the same pattern again. I really need help if you've got any ideas for me. I am very happy and active in my own life.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors