Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Follow Up to Long Distance Marriage

Posted by akaDenise (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 02 at 19:47

Well, we're surviving the distance. Instead of 3600 miles away, he found a great job only 138 miles from home. So, I'm typing this and waiting for him to drive home tonight. We survive by having tons of cell phone minutes and long chatty phone calls every night. He calls me in the morning before we leave for work just to say hi and that makes the day start out great.

What really helped me adjust was the well wishes and advice I got from you folks earlier.

Thanks!

Denise

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Follow Up to Long Distance Marriage

I'm glad to hear he's close enough to be home quickly if there's an emergency!

Hope all continues to go well.

o

I'm puddlejumper, but I used to be post as akaDenise.

Just thought I'd give an update. No good news to share however.

After 23 years of marriage and a whole lot of love, we are in the process of divorcing.

In March he fell for a coworker and started an affair. The marriage just fell apart. I couldn't understand how we'd gone from being such a happy loving couple to near strangers - just like that. Well, I finally got him to tell the truth in August. There is no possibility for reconcilation. There were just too many lies and too much betrayal. He used to pray with me on the phone each night and then head over to her house.

I guess I just needed to post this and close the book on my marriage.

o

Hi Puddlejumper. I remember you from the Cooking Forum quite a long time ago! So sorry about your problems, I was divorced a very long time ago but will never forget how awful it was. Time will certainly help you to feel better and get on with your life. Good Luck!

o

Denise, Like Woodie I also remember you from the Cooking forum. The last time I remember you posting you were in the process of getting your house ready to sell so that you could move. I'm so sorry that things have turned out this way for you. Please think about coming back to the Cooking forum. A lot of your old friends are still posting there and I know that they would be happy to see you again.

Take Care

Ann

o

Isn't life a pip. You never know which direction it will take you. Hope you have the love of friends and family in addition to your faith to sustain you through the baad times. This too shall pass. Wishing you many happy surprises in 2004. Hugs!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here