Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So how often are YOU doing it??

Posted by njrealtor (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 18:02

I am trying to work out of there is any such thing as a 'normal' sex life in marriage/ long term relationship.

I've read a bunch of threads where people are having very little sex, but how much is everyone else having and how does it fluctuate based on how long you've been together?

DH and I are in our 30s and have been married for 5 years. We have sex once or twice a week. I think I would like to do it more, but I think it's more the 'idea' of doing it more, not the practise. I get so tired during the week. lol
DH doesn't encourage any more often than that, but I am pretty sure that if I initiated it, we would do it more often, but I want HIM to initiate more.

Is everyone else doing it every night? Are we already behind the curve. We don't have kids yet, so should we be doing it more?

Anyone else willing to share??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So how often are YOU doing it??

Your answers will be meaningless. All that matters is you and yours. Believe your anxiety is misplaced.

o

No anxiety - just interested in what is going on out there, and if there is anything that can be defined as 'normal'.

I think it's an interesting subject.

o

That question is a little too personal for me...but I have a sex addict bi-polar friend who does it like 3 times a day.

As asolo said, our answers really mean nothing. But, if you really want to get the national average, I'm sure you could do a goggle search for it. A lot of the people here are not in healthy relationships to begin with. And, everyone's situation is just so different. It really doesn't matter how much anyone else is having sex.

It sounds like you want more sex for your relationship; so talk to your husband, or start the ball rolling yourself.

o

Actually there is a system you can try.A psychologist once suggested that if you avoid sex for a while, don't bring up the subject, look attractive, wear perfume, but act like it never ocurred to you, you will discover what your husband's comfort level is. It may be twice a week, or once a week. Then you switch to the opposite, which is be really sexy & push it, and you will find out what level he is uncomfortable with. At the same time, you can find out about yourself. Everyone is different, and sometimes (like vacations) its more often. However, studies show that couples don't agree on how often they do have sex. Usually the person who is less interested thinks its oftener than the other one does. You can also quietly track this on a calendar and see how often it really is and if there is any correlation with work or other obligations.
Generally the person who is less interested seems more desireable --so learn to be a little more worth chasing, and never complain about how often, etc. Its supposed to be fun. If it isn't fun and wonderful--who would want to do it oftener?

o

Depends on the weather! He plays golf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here