Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whatever happened with Cat?

Posted by phoggie (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 11 at 16:48

It has been a long time since I have visited this forum and I am wondering whatever happened in Cat's saga~~ Can anyone fill me in?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whatever happened with Cat?

Hi Phoggie!

Still alive and kicking :0)

It's so funny that you posted this because I have had you all on my mind here and thinking how thankful I am for your support during some of the darkest times in my life.

Well, I bought a house, it's all mine. DH & I are still together and doing well. I am still happily dis- engaged with the middle SS though he has made great strides in his life, good job for a few yr.s, bought himself a house and is proposing to his GF soon. I will say they (SS & GF) do invite us for dinner etc fairly regularly but I keep it to Grandsons BD or events. I have no wishes to change this arrangment it works for me quite well. DH visits without me as he wishes.

Things are just, well pretty darn good for the most part. Things are cozy with DH and I, and we are enjoying fixing up the house, decorating and boring stuff like that! I had a couple of health scares last year and DH was extremely supportive during my workup (negative-thank God).

My son is well and is studying his tail off for finals and then taking 15 credits next semester, poor baby. It doesn't come easy for him and he is woring so hard for it. One more year after this semester. We are driving down to visit my parents and him for Christmas and I'm so excited!

My life, our marriage and my self-worth are so much better now. I can't imagine ever going back to where I was before and at times am shocked DH & I have the decent marriage we do now. I'm not saying we never get pissed at each other, but just stupid little stuff, nothing like before.

Detaching from that whole mess and getting on with my life was the best thing for me and us it seems. Oh, and I LOVE my new (old 1920's) house! Even though it needs updating here and there it's solid and has character. I daresay I am quite content...how are you Phoggie? Everyone?
-Cat

o

Oh Cat, you certainly sound much different than the "old Cat" and all if the continuing problems that you had before. I am so glad to hear back from you and to know that things have finally gotten better in your life and your DH sounds like he has gotten his act together also.

I am doing well. I have so many friends who have such serious medical problems in their lives, that I have taken a good hard look at my life and decided, my problems are nothing compared to their lives right now. I disconnected myself from DH's family and they are not my problems and let the chips fall where they may.

Take care....post once in awhile, so we can keep in touch.

Phoggie

o

Will do Phoggie! Very good to hear from you too :0)

Yes, DH much better and he seems s much more happy now as well. Good for you for detaching. Life is so much better when you remove the crazy..

So sorry your friends are struggling with health issues. Mine have greatly improved however I need to be diligent about taking care of myself and getting exercise and I am commited to that-I want to stay healthy and enjoy life!

((Hugs))
~Cat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here