SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlettuce

Had my surgery!

catlettuce
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery a few days ago. It went well and I am recovering well. Only bad thing was the surgeon said there was a lot of arthritis, more than he expected in the joint so results might not be as good as I hoped for but that it would definately be an improvement. I can't tell much now because I'm still swollen and have some post op pain, but it's easing up and is tolerable with minimal pain meds.

DH has been a help and good about getting me ice packs and running to the grocery and such. Though I can tell he is irritated with how needy I was the first few days. He was gone the day after surgery all day so when he got home I had a list of stuff I needed him to do. This experience has hammered home once again ( and obviously I need that!) that I am not in the place I would want to be in his heart.

Little drama last night, I did not take bait though. SS is going up north hunting and wants to take GS, however there is no school Weds, DH tells me that SS's ex has travel plans (like I care) and told SS that if he could not take GS for entire day Weds then he could not have him for the wkend. Then DH tells me he is working weds and doesn't know if he can take GS. I told him I am not able to care for a 5 yr old after knee sx, sorry and maybe GS just won't be able to go this time. DH got very defensive and said "Well, I understand why SS wants to take him I used to take my boys to stuff like that too and they loved it!" Okaayyyy.. He was obviously upset I wasn't going to offer to babysit, but I just said well I'm sorry, we can't always do everything we want to do. He then decided he will take GS to job with him & he will keep him for SS all day weds to thurs am. Okay.

So basically I just let it roll off my back, DH went to sleep pissed at me, and there you go. Keep in mind I have not seen GS since we moved, it's been months. there is no relationship between GS and me or SS and me any longer, and that is OK with me, but not DH.

So yea, it just hammered it home to me. I don't think I mishandled anything. I said no, didn't cave. Dh will do it, which is ok I can get around myself alright now. We have a WII setup here GS can play in the evening. So, I don't get why was DH upset? Did he actually think babysitting was a good idea less than a week after surgery?

Or is it just his need to rescue SS from any bit of uncomfortable or working a problem out himself?

OK, go ahead, lambaste me if you will. though first let me say, that it just made me think to myself "What are you doing here? This will never stop, it will always be drama and DH will always be angry when you refuse to play along."

I see it, I really do. I don't want to play this game anymore.

~Cat

Comments (13)

Sponsored