SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicagoerin

Birth control and Catholic

chicagoerin
18 years ago

Hello, I am posting a question for my sister who is having trouble in her 7 year marriage. My BIL is an amazing guy (they are 30 and 29 and have been married for 7 years, one 2.5 year old child) who was raised DEVOUT Catholic. He almost became a priest. He has always been very spritual and attended mass regularly, but recently has decided he wants to "take his religion to the next level". Primarily, the thing that he would like to change is their use of birth control. He feels strongly that using any b.c. is against the catholic belief system, and needless to say, this is effecting their marriage and sex life. My sister loves him dearly and is trying to be understanding, at the same time feels dupped...she didn't sign up for this and feels like he is being too strict on his beliefs. He is very distraught and is very open to talking to her, they saw one counselor who suggested they find someone else more knowledgeable with their religious beliefs...I am stumped. I would not like it AT ALL if my husband (I am single, by the way) changed something so important in our life.

Thoughts??

Erin

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022