SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fuzmodan

unusual dilemma

fuzmodan
17 years ago

hi there,

My husband and I have been married for 4 months. We have been together for 12 years now. The reason for the delay in getting hitched was due to us having different beliefs as far as religion was concerned, but we have sorted out these issues.

We eloped. I felt that my parents would not be able to accept my decision regarding religion, and thought it would be easier to get married overseas. Now 4 months later, I have still not told them neither has my husband told his parents.

I spoke to an aunt, and she said that my dad would be very dissapointed, since he always hopes that I will leave my partner and go back to the faith I was born into.

My husband also does not want me to tell my family. He is a very private person and is not very close to his family. People never ask him about his personal life, not even his close friends.

He says he does not want people knowing about us being married, but I feel that I want to tell my family. I am almost 30 and feel it is silly to be living like this.

I have told some friends of mine and my husband is fine with that.

But I seriously want to tell my dad. We are really close and I feel like I am hiding something big from him.

Whenever I talk to my husband about this, he says, our business is nobody's business and he does not see what the big deal is. We have a very good relationship and I don't want to upset him either.

What should I do?

Comments (12)

Sponsored