SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mum4_gw

financial infidelity

mum4
13 years ago

Hi Could you some feedback please.A few years ago i found a secret account my husband had opened without my knowledge. When i confronted him about it he said it's none of your business that's my money. I work overtime and put all my bonuses in there. He is very obsssed and paranoid about money and doesn't trust me, because as a 17 year old i wracked up a $3000 credit card bill and my dad bailed me out and i paid back every penny. He doesn't get the fact that i was young and went a little crazy but that was many years ago and people make mistakes, he see it as the way i will always be although i've given him no reason to hide money during our marriage. We both work he pays for houshold bills and i pay for groceries and gas for the car and my personal stuff, haircuts etc.After he found out i knew about it he promised never to open an account without letting me know first. I don't have a problem with him having separate savings accounts besides our joint account but not in secret. Fast forward a few years and i am emptying his pockets to wash his jeans and i see a bank slip with a different account number and branch i don't recognise. I again confront him and he said i never promised not to tell you if i opened another account.Needless to say i let it go only to discover the same thing a few days ago. I was checking our joint account online and noticed a few thousand transferred to his stock account and another few thousand somewhere else. In the mean time i had noticed a different bank card in his wallet that i've never seen before. When i asked him about the money transferred out of the joint account he sai he wanted to buy some stocks and that both amounts went to the stock account, which was not possible as it was a different number. So i said to him so you don't have any other savings accounts then, he said no. I said then what is that new bank card for, Right away he said that's my money, yes i have another savings account, if i don't take it out of the joint account it will get spent and i'd vever save anything. Not true as there has been a significant amount built up in the joint account and i haven't touched it. I haven't talked to him about this latest incident as i'm quite angry and dissapointed to find he didn't respect me enough to tell me about his other accounts.To let you know how controlling he is with money, we were out shopping and i asked him to stop so i could get a latte which is something i don't buy regularly because he goes on and on how expensive they are. So i was giving him direction where to turn off for the cafe because he'd never been there and he purposely missed the turning which meant we'd have to turn around. He said oh i didn't realise you meant turn there oh well we might as well just go home then. I was fuming so i made him turn around and all he did was complain about this latte i was drinking all the way home" i can't believe they charge so much for that what a rip off etc" and over and over all the way home, very wearing. Any advice re the secret bank account would be appreciated......Thanks

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths