SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindylouwho45

Hate my husband's job....any advice?

cindylouwho45
17 years ago

New here and just thought I'd ask for suggestions. My husband and I have been together over 8 yrs....married for the last 4. I have always been supportive of his work and, in fact, we've moved several times over the past few years so that he could advance his career. I never complained. Six weeks after we bought our first house together, he went on an out-of-state job interview. Of course, he was offered the job and took it. We sold the house and moved from WA state to TX. It's been two years at his current job and it has been a nightmare. Of course, now I am learning that they "sold" the job to him as one thing, but now it's not what we expected. The travel is the main problem I am having trouble getting used to. His title is Director of Research and Marketing, but in reality, they just use him to prance around to clients and give presentations. (U.S. and Europe) We have 2 special needs (autistic) teenagers and have always managed to have plenty of family time. Now it is practically non-existent. Now I am in this situation where he wants me to be a "supportive" wife, and yet I am so resentful that his company keeps him away from home so much. At first he would say, "Well, I'm new...I'm still proving myself here....it will get better with time." It's been 2 yrs. now. The resentment is really building in me. Any wives out there in a similar situation? Should I tell my husband that he needs to put his foot down to some of his work demands? (You should see the pile of flight confirmations and hotel reservations on my regrigerator door!) And to boot, when his company sends him to Europe they won't even activate his (company) cell phone to make international calls!!! I've about had it.....what do I do?

cindylou

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz