SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cucumber_2007

feeling sad

cucumber_2007
16 years ago

My husband and I have meen married for 24 years, and have four kids in college. I have been a stay at home wife for all these years. We have had problems financially, culminating in this year our having to file for bankruptcy.

We have had a sexless marriage for a few years, mainly because of so many kids under foot, and financial pressures. My husband is 15 years older than me. Just recently he told me (out of the blue) that he didn't love me any more, and didn't want to be a married person anymore. I have devoted my life to my family, and thought he did too. We rarely ever fight, we have great kids. I never thought this could happen to me. He seems to be willing to stay in the marriage, but not because he wants to, or loves me. I guess he's willing to say because he has no means to do otherwise. I keep thinking that he'll come back to his senses if I can wait it out, but it's tearing me up. When we spend time together we laugh and enjoy each other's company, it's just that he doesn't love me. I am in my late forties and am not sure how I would reenter the work force after all these yeas, plus I love him and love our family. Any advice?

Comments (23)

Sponsored