SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knittingfool1

I want kids, Husband does not. HELP!

knittingfool1
16 years ago

I am 27, married for 3 years. My husband and I agreed before we married that we never wanted children. We just wanted to be able to travel and do the things we enjoy at a moments notice. Now, I can't shake the feeling that I want to have a baby. I think about it all the time, I even dream about it. It's been this way for a few months. Back in July, I thought I may have been pregnant, ( I was 1 week late). My husband was supportive, but obviously not excited about the idea. Turns out I was not pregnant. At first I was relieved, but shortly after I became very depressed about it. Ever since then, I have felt as though I want to be a mom.

I have not discussed with husband yet, and I am afraid to. I don't want to be one of those women who seem like one person before the wedding, then another one after. I know I have to tell him, but, I am scared that he won't want to continue in our marriage if we have kids. I can't say I would blame him either. He thought he was getting married to someone who didn't want children. It's not like I'm asking him to give me a puppy, it's a child! I love my husband more than life itself. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (18)

Sponsored