Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A happy Post

Posted by iggie (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 10:05

I read so many of the posts here and most are from people unhappy in their relationships for one reason or another. I would like to post about a happy one. I have been married 63 years am 86 she is 81, both still in good health and we could not be happier. Still get it on once or twice per month. I still get turned on when I watch her dress, never had any serious relationship problems. Been smitten and hopelessly in love since the first time I saw her. Everyone please forgive me for bragging, but I thought my story might encourage someone. Iggie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A happy Post

Awwwwww how lovely,dont apolagize for bragging.I think its beautiful.your very lucky indeed.I was only reading something yesterday where an elderly couple died an hour apart holding hands.gave me goosebumps.Hope you carry on enjoying many more happy healthy years.x

o

Lovely, iggy. I don't recall ever hearing an 86 year old referring to it as "getting it on", but more power to you.

Lucky lady you have. Wish I found someone who loves me as much as you love your wife.

o

We just celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary yesterday.
I am so happy for and your wife are still in love.....same here.
Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

o

Lovely post Iggy, thanks for giving us all hope !

Your wife is very lucky to have a doting husband like you.

o

Iggie, thank you for post this thread. I too, read this forum very offen and want to post one happy thread, but didn't have courage to do so. Congratulations to your and your wife.

I lived next door to my husband for 30 years (since I was born until I married him) My husband was 37 and I was 30 when we got married. (I am about to be 50 in couple of months)

I kept telling my husband that I loved him more than yesterday and less than tomorrow. I love him a little more each day that we lived together. We just celebrated 19 wedding anniversary, and our son was born exactly 365 days after the wedding. So he was 18 this week. Our son is tall, handsome and straight A student for the last 12 years. (He is 12 graders this year) We loved our son very much, but we do not spoil him at all.

We wanted a big family, but God's plan was different. And so we excepted one child after many fertility drugs.

We are very very happy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here