SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crow13_gw

Husband looking for advice

Crow13
12 years ago

My wife and I have been married for 9 years, all of which I thought were what marriage was supposed to be like. Sure, it settled a little in the last 3 years or so, with both of us working full time. Any way, a year and a half ago, i took a job in Iraq, so we could afford for my wife not to have to work in a factory anymore. Everything went great, all things considered, until about 3 months ago. I went home on my RnR, we vacationed, and had what I thought was a great time. She was constantly posting on facebook all the cool stuff we were doing and how we were having fun. So

, I get back to the fire department here in Iraq, and 2 weeks later I get an email out of the blue, saying we need to talk. Of course, this is never the words any one wants to hear. So, I manage to get a hold of her via email, and she explains she is not happy in our marriage, and hasnt been for 3 years now. She says she loves me, but is not in love with me, and the reason is that, I don't help out around the house like I should, and I dont show interest in new things in the bedroom. Okay, so yes, Iv'e done a lot of soul searching (what else is there to do in Iraq) and have found I have been lazy when it comes to house chores, and yes, we have lost a bit of spark in our love making. Both of these things which I believe can be changed incredibly easily. However, no matter how much I try to convince her I am working my butt off to ensure these changes will be made, she still ignores most of my calls/messages, and says she doesn't know if she can believe my claims, that we will just have to wait until I get home and take it from there. She once even told me if it doesn't work out, she would still like to be friends!? Summary; I have been given a one time "trial" to prove to her I can be better when I get home. So my question is, am I chasing a dream, has she already made up her mind and is now leading me on because I am nothing more than a nice paycheck, or is there hope?

Comments (28)

Sponsored