Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What was your wedding song?

Posted by plasticgarden (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 3:11

I apologize if there is already a thread for this.I also am not trying to copy the thread about love songs.I'm just curious if anyone wants to share what your wedding song was.And if there is a special story behind why you chose it?

Mine was,"Everything I do I do it for you" Bryan Adams.

It wasnt a song that was special to my husband and I by any means though.The kind of music we like (he likes heavy metal,I prefer new wave and eighties) we didnt think our guests would like! We couldnt agree on one single song to be our wedding song! My cousin suggested the Bryan Adams one,and since I liked The Robin Hood movie with kevin costner that is what we picked.

Not very romantic I know.If I could have a new song I'd pick "YOUR STILL THE ONE" by Shania Twain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What was your wedding song?

Ours was "The Look of Love". When we were married 30 years ago, it was a song featured on a soap opera that I watched all the time.

o

Our wedding song was Time in a Bottle, by the late Jim Croc.

o

Knowing my husband's taste in music, I knew he wouldn't generally be listening to the same sappy love songs or even remember which sappy song was ours no matter how much I liked it... so I surprised him with Led Zepplin's "All My Love" as our song. At least he remembers it! I must say though, that the song really did stand out; we had a big band who wore tuxes and played more traditional music so I think he really appreciated something different that he liked.

I never did really know if the lyrics were fitting, though. They seemed to be, and I doubt now my husband would tell me otherwise. Can any fans explain the lyrics so I know for sure?

Here is a link that might be useful: All My Love

o

That is a great story carla35! I tried to do the same,but it was kinda hard with the likes of Metallica,LOL.

I read the lyrics to ALL OF MY LOVE (which is a great song)
although I'm not a huge fan and claim to know what it means,I'll give it a whirl.
I think he saying,You keep your love ALIVE.That although sometimes your love starts to fade,it always comes back.
And he always gives all of his love to you.
LOL,how is that? :)

o

Sounds good to me... I guess then it would fit as a good wedding song... I'm just glad it didn't mean he was going to run away with some young chick and leave me alone in our golden years - LOL.

o

Our song was "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison. We couldn't decide on a song, so on our wedding RSVP cards we asked guests to dedicate a song to us, and this was one of the ones we liked the best.

o

That is a cool idea emmhip!

Carla35,I think you're safe.I dont think that is what it means at all.:)

o

Didn't have one - or if we did, the awful band messed it up so bad that I've blacked it out -

"Our song" has always been Let's Get it On, but obviously we didn't have that one played at the wedding. Everytime I hear that "Wa Wa Wa WAH" opener i think of my DH LOL

o

Mine was "Everything I do I do it for you" as well. I adore Led Zepplin, that is my all time favorite band from the time I was a Junior High student. As far as the meanings to the lyrics, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones wrote that one, it is a tribute to Robert Plants son who passed away from a stomach virus in the mid 70's, I am thinking he was around 5 years of age.

o

Thanks for shedding the light on that Micke.That is sad! Still,a very lovely song.
I think alot of people probably have "Everything I do (I do it for you)" as a wedding song. Same as probably "I wanna know what love is" by Foreigner.In fact,I should probably post that song in love songs thread.

o

Our song is "I Love The Way You Love Me" my John Michael Montgomery. Not only is he a fireman but also a country boy!

o

"Here and Now" by Luther Vandross

o

Our song is "Open Arms" by Journey. However our first dance was "Everything I do, I do it for You" by Bryan Adams. I've been married a while...

o

Ours was "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly. I'm more of an old country listener(but I do like the oldies too) and DH likes the oldies. I looked for months and asked him a few times if he had any songs he wanted he just keep saying any song you want is fine with me, he did not want much to do with the planning of the wedding. Then one day we herd it on the radio and he said hey we should have this song, I liked it, so we did.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here