SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angie9754

Please Help???

angie9754
16 years ago

I need some advice. I have been married to a workaholic husband for one year. We live together for 5 years before getting married. I have been with him since I was 18 and he 31. I have never worked, but went to school and pursued a music career while we were together living in Los Angeles. I never minded his workaholic ways much, because i had no problem occupying myself in LA and he always supported us very well. Well, about 2 years ago he decided to expand his business and part of this included him spending more and more time in Honduras...it started a trip a month, then two trips, then he was basically just coming home one weekend a month to see me. We eventually decided to sell our LA home and move to Central America together as he was really living there already anyways. I thought i could handle it....I was so wrong. I fell into a severe depression and developed an anxiety disorder as a result of the move. It is just so unbearable....he works 13 hour days including saturdays and some sundays...we live in a city that is not safe, i do not speak spanish, and therefore am basically confined to our home unless i leave with our driver and bodygaurd who follow me around like i'm the president. He is so tired when he comes home that he just eats and falls asleep basically at the table. We have such a fun, loving relationship when we are together, but I truly can't live there and wait at home for him all day with no freedom in a third world country just to eat dinner with him and fall asleep. I feel so guilty because I know he works hard and is supporting us, but every day is like torture. Oh, and i am pregnant now, due in three weeks actually...the thought of bringing my daughter there and not even being able to take a walk around a mall or park in a stroller with her makes me want to cry. My parents live in michigan, so i have been staying here most of my pregnancy so i can have the baby here...i don't know what to do, i am thinking of staying here and maybe having a long distance marriage where he can maybe come here once a month and maybe i could come there once a month and we could make it work that way. What do you think of this??? Has anyone ever been in a situation like this and do you think we can make it work, am i being selfish?? I'm sorry for the looong message, i am in such a predicament though.

Comments (8)

Sponsored