SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cc1820

Own Business with Ex-Wife

cc1820
16 years ago

Let me explain. In 1993, I opened a business with my then wife. We could not live and work together so by mutual agreement, we parted ways. We became friends and still are today. In fact, I am the god father of her new son. I stayed single for 8 years while I raised our daughter and just enjoyed the time off. I decided to begin dating again and since I dont like bars, I went on match.com and in my profile, I clearly stated that I owned a business with my ex and that we were friends. I met a girl, we got married last October. I gave her half ownership of my house. I bought her a life insurance policy in case something happened to me. I gave her access to my 401K. In short, I protected her should anything happen to me. The equity in our home alone will take care of her. Well now it seems she has changed. She told me she wants me to seperate my business with my ex. She told me that no womnn would allow her man to have a joint account in a business. She feels that my ex is out to destroy us and I have not seen any proof of this. In regards to the statement, no women would allow this, would some of the ladies who read this please respond. If you were told ahead of time, is it fair for her to all the sudden change the rules. I cannot seperate my business account as we have money tied up in the business but I know what I have made for the past 14 years. We live a good life yet I feel she has really gone overboard. Is she insecure or jealous? I dont know and I need to find a way to get this taken care of. At this moment, I am not happy and tired of hearing her talk about it all the time.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Arlington County's Innovative General Contractors