SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wdwfan_gw

New Here and I Need Help..Long

wdwfan
13 years ago

I have just discovered this site and I hope this will be a place that I can come to with my problem. I have been married for 12 years. For the most part my husband is a very good man. He works hard to support the family. He has never cheated on me and deep down I believe he would leave me before he did. But he did something that I am having a hard time shaking. When he went out of town for work he went to a strip club. He has only been 2 other times in his life...before we were married. He went with 3 of his co-workers. According to him they pushed him until he agreed. When they got there he gave them 15 minutes. The 3 coworkers sat in the front row while my DH sat at the bar. Now this is a very small town on a weekday and according to my DH the only 1 girl there was on the dance floor (or whatever you call it) even the bartender was a guy. After 15 min my DH grabbed his drunken coworkers and left. Now my DH told me he didn't go down and sit by the stage...he stayed only at the bar. No girls were in his vicinity the entire time. Now I am married to a guy that I believe. If he told me that this is what happened..I am sure it is the truth. He has never lied to me (just kept the truth about this from me for a while).

After I found out every emotion I have flooded out (my 1st husband had a problem with strip clubs and I guess I expected so much more out of my DH)...my DH even cried (and he's not a wimp) because he had no idea how much this would have hurt me. He swore and promised that this would never happen again (the man has never promised me anything ever..not even to remember taking out the garbage).

So why am I having such a problem letting this go?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments (31)

Sponsored