Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indiana divorce question

Posted by Seamer1 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 29, 04 at 13:03

I have a friend who NEEDS a divorce. It will eventually come down to that, however we can not get her to see a lawyer, to see what she would be entitled to. She runs a small business out of her house, but not anywhere near enough to make a living. She has three children. They own property, and hugh house, and her husband is a 1/3 partner in a business with his family. She fears that she will get screwed out of her share of the business they started. Anyone know about Indiana's divorce laws?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indiana divorce question

I don't know about indiana, but if I thought there was a divorce in the near future I would see a lawyer about getting the assets tied up if that can be done. That way the money couldn't be taken and hidden. My X brother in law took $200,000 from their savings and left my sis with the house and $5,000. He used the money to pay off his girlfriends home, then married her. The judge said the court didn't have time to track down money.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here