SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeseeker

Husband has changed

newhomeseeker
17 years ago

I dont' know where to start I've been married for a little over a year but we've been together for five. When my husband and I got together he was very affectionate and sweet to me, always complimenting me, always hugging me, touching me etc. We still have a great sex life and always have. However when he is around me he just doesn't have a spark. He acts like he is bored, if I try to cuddle or touch him (non sexual) he always acts like I am bothering him. When he is around me he will talk but just about every day stuff- how was your day, I fixed the sink today..etc. When he is around other women he is a totally different person. He is outgoing and sweet and talkative and everything thinks he is such a great guy. He will become friendly with cashiers at the gas station he stops at and soon he will know their life stories. He is very charasmatic with others and with me he is like a bump on a log. Women constantly tell him their problems and he listens like he is Dr. Phil (without the advice) and if some female is feeling down he will compliment her and try to cheer her up. If I am feeling down he will just be like "get over it" or will ignore me. It is like he is emotionally available to anyone but me. I am almost jealous of this women he barely knows and the treatment they receive. He is not deliberately mean to me or abusive but just ignores my emotional needs. I've tried talking to him about it adn he will end up cuddling with me for a few minutes each day (to shut me up) and then goes back to his old routine. The only time he compliments me is when I"m not wearing anything and I'll try to give him compliments and hope he will get the hint but it never happens. He admits that he loves attention from other women and when I ask why he pays attention to other females he just says all I"m doing is talking to them! Well I want him to talk to me!! I think that he just enjoys the adoration and excitment of someone new. Well I'm his wife I can't give him the feeling of meeting someone new. He's just so different around me- its like he's lifeless in my presence but MR. Wonderful around everyone else. he says that other women don't say anything negative or complain about him. Well of course not! They dont' live with him and have to pick up his dirty socks and make him dinner. Others may see him once a week for 15 minutes or so. I almost wish I was just a friend rather than his wife because his friends get more attention!! Has anyone else been in this situation? I feel almost like a maid/cook with benefits because emotionally I"m not getting much from this marriage.

Comments (14)

Sponsored