SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nurse_christine

Involved with a man who is engaged to be married

nurse_christine
17 years ago

Okay...I already know the answers I will get on here. But I am having a very hard time delaing with the reality of my situation...I am in love with a man whom I have been seeing for almost five months. I knew when I met him and slept with him for the first time that he was engaged to be married, and while my morals told me then that what I was doing was selfish and wrong I had sex with him anyway. I fully expected it to be a one night stand, and would have been okay with that fact, we were away on a convention trip when this happened and had been flirting with each other the whole time, it was the very last night that we finally broke down the walls and had sex and fell asleep in each others arms. When we came home from our trip we agreed that what had happened was fun but would never happen again, and that we would remain friends as we have to see each other often for school commitments (we are both officers for our nursing school we attend). However, we have not kept our word that it would never happen again. It has happened many times since then and I have fallen in love with him now after spending time getting to know him on a more personal level. My dilemma is that I really don't want to get my heart broken, nor do I want to be the reason someone else gets theirs broken (meaning his fiancee). He has point-blank told me that he is falling in love with me too, but this relationship will not last forever and he has no intention of telling his fiancee any of his regressions nor does he intend to break off their engagement. I am having a really hard time walking away...especially knowing that he loves me too...I don't understand what he is doing with me if he truly loves her as much as he says he does. He says he is not "using" me, but it certainly appears that way sometimes. I guess I should also mention that there is a possibilty I could be pregnant with his child. We had unprotected sex a couple of days ago and I was ovulating at the time. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? Should I just drop it all and walk away now? Should I let it continue and have fun with it while tring to get my heart broken? Should I somehow find a way to let her know what her future husband is up to? I feel like I am being so selfish...and I really don't know what to do!

Comments (53)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets