SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lunaloki_gw

cheating friends, what do you think?

lunaloki
16 years ago

hi, i'm interested to know what others think...

my husbands best friend "joe" is married with three children and has been cheating on his wife for some time. we all knew, all the other couple friends also with children, but in fact his wife cheated on him first, and apparently also has a lover, according to joe. right. so we all spend time together and act as if nothing is going on. not our business, right?

the thing is, what is really starting to bother me, is that now all the other couple friends are covering for joe and inviting joe and his girlfriend over! they have a dinner party on saturday and invite joe and his girlfriend, and then on sunday the same group of friends goes to joe's house for lunch with the wife and kids....joe's girlfriend has started sending email jokes and stuff and copying the whole network of friends (including my husband and me) and has started friendships with individuals in the group, phonecalls, emails, restaurants.

this really bothers me. the girlfriend has become more part of the friendship circle than the wife. on boys night out, the girlfriend always shows up. joe even asks my husband to cover for him as an alibi sometimes, which means if his wife calls i'm supposed to answer to say they are out together.

people can do whatever they want in their lives, but when their lies and personal problems become part of my life, i'm disturbed. i so hate lying and im really super sensitive about cheating. if the wife were me, i'd want someone to tell me. i'd be disgusted if nobody told me what was going on. not sure what to do......so far i've just avoided all gatherings where the girlfriend will be present; just knowing joe is cheating bothers me enough, everyone takes it so lightly and everyone knows! i mean everyone! and no one says anything to the wife. i know i just need to stay out of it, and no need to befriend the girlfriend either and feel like an accomplice.

ugh, it just really bothers me that it doesnt seem to bother anybody else, at all!

Comments (11)

Sponsored