Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Too Hot to Fight!

Posted by scarlett2001 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 2:47

This extreme weather is making me even grumpier than usual and that's saying a lot!

DH is off his meds and bought me flowers - about 16 bunches of glads, which makes the living room look like a funeral home. Hold, on, we're headed for the manic phase, hide the credit cards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Too Hot to Fight!

And do you hide the credit cards?

o

When he's in the manic phase, I have to hide everything. Even the cat!

I still haven't replaced the dining room chairs that got hit in the last episode. (That reminds me, better hide the Gorilla glue, too!)

o

Oh gosh. So sorry that you have to endure this. Not so fun for him, either, I'm sure.

o
Manic

Oh gosh. So sorry that you have to endure this. Not so fun for him, either, I'm sure.

o

Actually, he's very happy in the manic stage - very creative and enjoying himself. It's the depressive stage that's hell. I'm hoping to get him back on the meds before that hits.

o

I too am sorry you are going through this. My niece does not have the same problem, but when she smoked pot was acted like she did. She is an artist and she thinks she does her best work when she is high and painting the walls of her rental house. But, then she comes down and had to face the landlord. Major depression! LOL

o

Well to complicate things, he does sell a lot of his work. You know, the art world is kind of crazy - some of the things that are considered great, well, I don't know. I don't have an art background, so I'm really not qualified to say.

Last time he had a manic episode, he traded the cat to our neighbors for a box of Bisquick. It's ok though, because they know the situation and they just brought Tabby back when things quieted down.

o

Oh, that's really sad. You must love him very much. I understand that it's an illness that he has, and I also understand that those will that illness often decide that they're Ok so don't need their medication. That, of course, is trouble.

Bless you as you go through these stages with him.

o

I know how hard this must be for you. My sister is schizophrenic and she is not to bad, she just has her short spells. We could not live with her when she has a mood change. She thinks it is just low blood sugar. One of my older sisters is very good with her, she can see it coming on and gives her something to eat. That usually takes care of the problem.

o

Thanks for your kind words.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here