SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl002

Marriage getting worse - Help!

caligirl002
14 years ago

I am desperate - My husband and I have been married almost 2 yrs and we are now on the brink of divorce. For some reason our honeymoon period ended quickly. At first it was me working too much - I am in advertising and work a lot. He started to feel neglected and he is very affectionate and needy for physical touch and intimacy. Sometimes I think it stems from some kind of insecurity he has. I don't need physical affection that much at all. Over the year, he has started to whine and pout about not getting affection. It has become very unattractive to me. The more he whines about how "boring" I am because I work too much, the less attractive he is to me and the more I pull away from him.

Now I don't find myself attracted to him at all because it seems like I can do nothing right. I have been showing him a lot of affection lately - Hugging him kissing him touching him all the time- A bit overkill for me - And then when he wanted to be physically intimate he complained that I didn't dress up in lingerie and that I looked too "plain" that night. He said this as I was close to him and cuddling in bed. He said I wasn't cuddling good enough.

I just don't get it. Does anyone have this similar experience? I feel like I can't do anything right anymore, and now I am just subject to his verbal abuse - That I am boring and plain looking... Now he is telling me he wants someone who knows how to "treat" him right. I wish him luck, because a woman would need a full time job just to attend to his every need.

HELP!

Comments (19)

Sponsored