Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husband big fan of Rihanna

Posted by briejean (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 27, 09 at 22:24

What to think of a 44 year old husband who really enjoys watching Rihanna concerts. He enjoys all forms of music, not only her...but I can't help but think if she was unattractive that maybe he wouldn't be so "transfixed" on the TV.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husband big fan of Rihanna

And.......?

o

Think of it as this

She wouldnt give him a secound glance if she met him. Keep that at the back of your mind and it may make you feel better.

o

I think that 44 year old husband has a ridiculously insecure wife.

o

What about women who scream and yell over their singing idols, men like Tom Jones, and Elvis to name two. I haven't found a guy that excites me enough to go bonkers, but the group SIX almost put me there. I was on my feet applauding while 70 and 80 year old women around screamed. LOL

o

I have it bad for all the "bad boys" on tv/movies, Gordon Ramsey, Simon Cowell, Professor Snape. I wonder what that says about me. lol Yep, my hubby knows too! NancyLouise

o

if he neglects his family in order to watch TV then it is a problem but if not, what do you care. since this whole thing bothers you, i suspect there is more to the issue than we know.

o

I find ogling to be disgusting and disrespectful coming from either a husband or wife and would not tolerate it in a spouse. My husband is number one for me as I am for him.
I would point out to him that his behavior is disrespectful and hurtful to you ....however, it's across the board, ya know? It applies to everything (magazines, women on the street, tv, etc) not just not his current favorite.

o

I didn't see anything about ogling in the OP's post. Call it neglect if you want to but if that's true, sporting events on TV make a lot of neglectful husbands. LOL

o

If you hadnt of said your husband was 44 i thought it was a teenager writing this post ,what a pathetic post.thermometor said it a rediculously insecure wife,and bumblebeez is as bad,saying my husband is number one for me and vice versa,cum on we are talking about celebrities not the sexy girl next door,if you think your husband doesnt find anyone other than you attractive then you really are kidding yourself,geez what silly people

o

So he watches concerts....

sounds like you have self-esteem issues.

o

From what the OP typed, I didn't get from it that there was anything that bad either. Nothing disrespectful, no ogling. He has a thing for music and performers. Big deal, so do I. Unless there is something else going on that the OP is not sharing with us...let him enjoy the concerts and work on your own insecurities. NancyLouise

o

Agreed...I'm sure it's that I am insecure. You're all right. I love my husband very much, and I know he loves me. I'm just not as nice to look at as people such as Rihanna. And I see him looking at her in a way that I wish he'd look at me. Thanks so much for all your input. I realize there are things that I need to change in order to feel better about this subject.

o

Don't worry, sweetheart. I have little doubt you gots all kinda stuff Rihanna don't got. Wouldn't hurt if he told you once in a while, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here