SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always_confused

Am I special or is this engaged man just a cheater?

always_confused
16 years ago

Reading many of the threads here is helping me, but (of course) I need to hear opinions based on my specific situation. I, too, am in a "pickle" with an engaged man. I met him before he was engaged but we didn't date, only flirted because of office gossip. Soon after, he met his current fiance but he never stopped the flirting between us (I was on and off with it, guilty conscience). Nowadays, our jobs have put us in a position to actually spend a lot of time talking and one night, we ended up kissing and doing a lot of cuddling, but we did not have sex. I fell for him long ago and the conversations we have as of late make it worse. He talks about wanting to hold me and how much he misses me when I haven't been around in awhile, but he's never talked about being unhappy with his fiance at all. Just says that he can't deny the way he feels about me and while we both know the night we spent making out was wrong, we have a strong attraction to one another. He's only said that the more time we spend together, the more he believes we have a lot in common. I feel like he starts to wonder if he's making a mistake with the fiance and that's when he doesn't call or flirt with me for awhile. I assume he's trying to be "good" and I leave him alone, too. Then we see eachother and the feelings come back again.

I contemplated just telling him that I have feelings for him but I'm afraid. I already feel guilty for the one night we spent together but I don't know if I'm more afraid of him rejecting my feelings and deciding that it would be too hard to remain friends or if I'm afraid he might actually leave her and find out later that it's not that I'm special, but that he's a cheater.

My best friend tells me not to let him marry the wrong woman and to tell him how I feel. Should I?

Comments (27)

Sponsored