SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
river_gw

Addicted to my DH - a bad thing!

River
21 years ago

Not sure if this is co-dependency or not and I wasn't exactly sure what to title it.

But, my whole life revolves around my dh. I have no real friends that I hang out with and devote all my being to my home and my family.

Now my DH, on the other hand, he has plenty of friends and can always find something to do away from home.

The fact that he doesn't live for me the same way I live for him makes me crazy.

I dwell on it and it makes me very sad. I even thought giving him a child would give him a reason to put me/us first, but it didn't. Now I feel bad for out kids.

My DH is decent, he is a SAHD and does a ton more things with our boys than I do, kinda like little buddies, but a couple times a year, when he gets with his friends, he doesn't know when to come home and drinks to much or does drugs and spends way to much 'not there' money.

To me, if he cared about his family, he wouldn't do that.

He tells me it has nothing to do with me and it's not my fault, but I keep thinking, what is it that he doesn't want to come home to us?

I've thought about seeing a shrink, but I feel all they will tell me to do is leave him. I've even gone to a few alanon meetings, but they were just to vague for me to get anything out of them.

So I thought I'd come here, kinda anonamos, and ask you guys what you thought. Do I have a personal problem myself that I need to get over or get help understanding or is he really selfish or has some type of addiction problem?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored