SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcils

Need some advice..a year in and i want divorce.

kcils
16 years ago

Hello all, i am a 24 year old husband that has been married, for a little over a year, i am a good husband, and i try really really, hard, my wife is also a good wife, but the bottom line is we really seriously don't have anythig in common. i'm quite sue you ask "then what the hell are you all doing married" well its because we have been together since high school, been together 7 years total, but we spent 4 of those years over 1000 miles apart due to college, so as soon as college was over, we jumped the broom and here we are now. I've heard all of the cliches "the first year is the hardest" or the first 3 or 5, and i'm not disputing that, we have our ups and downs, but the true chemistry is not there. We are just very very different, in terms of personality, likes, dislikes, famliy, etc...We always said during our college years that no matter what, we were going to try the married life, we owed it to ourselves for perservering through the 4 years (neither of us was faithful during college, but it was COLLEGE and we accepted it) now i really feel like i'm just going through the motions, over the past year i feel that we have both tried to transform each other into the person that we once was when we were 17! but thats not going to happen, we have grew up and in my eyes we are just not right for each other.

I truly feel that i have lost the passion for our marriage, i enjoy when she is away more than i do when we are together, i don't show it becuase as i said i go through the motions, i respect her and i don't want to see her hurt, but at the sametime, i'm not where i want to be, and most certainly, i'm not happy, and although i can't speak for her, i'm quite sure she isn't either.

So what do I do? do I give it more time and hope things turn for the better? or do I take the reins and tell her exactly how I feel no matter how much it hurts?

Comments (8)

Sponsored