SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armymom8086

First Love Reunion

armymom8086
14 years ago

I am most probably going to get blasted for this post, but I think I am in desperate need of a reality check.

My first love and I have recently reunited after 38 years. We were only 14 when we said good-bye due to a military move but that puppy love obviously stayed with each of us all of these years. Several times over the years we had both searched and wondered about the other. We started emailing about seven weeks ago, then the emails graduated to phone calls, and now we are wanting to meet again. The past seven weeks have been the happiest I can remember, we have gotten to know each other again catching up on careers, families, personal likes and dislikes, and exchanging photos...neither of us can seem to get enough.

Here is the problem...we both belong to someone else. We live clear across the country from one another, and are both married. Neither of us have the ideal marriage...but what marriage is ideal. We have discussed the issue that neither of us are happy and have thought of leaving long before we came together.

It is really hard because I want this reunion so badly it hurts and I know he feels the same, but I know once it happens things will get real complicated. It's already complicated. We are both older so no children at home to worry about.

I can't see myself walking away from this. He's all I think of.

Comments (16)

Sponsored