SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_nj

said he needs his space

jenn_nj
15 years ago

I've been married to my husband for 8 years and yesterday he told me he wants to go down to the beach with "the guys" by himself this weekend, he said he needed space from me and our pets (one of the dogs ate his sunglasses and bluetooth and I was the one who wanted the dogs, he is not an animal person). He's never asked for this before and it really hurt me that he would need to be away from me for the weekend. We kind of argued about it and he had this list of things about me he was fed up with, and I told him I had a list about him but he just doesn't want to admit that he is a very difficult person to live with. He wants me to be perfect while I have to put up with his faults every single day - ie. plays video games all day long, has no control of his anger, spends money like it's going out of style, snores loud enough to wake the dead etc... I know I have faults too - I'm messy, have no organizational skills, I have pets and I don't clean up after them, I'm forgetful. But I don't think I'm the only one that should change. If I did and everything was perfect, then I would start feeling like I've got a bad deal. Change is a two way street, am I wrong?

Comments (14)

Sponsored