o
a sad past few days

Posted by jeaninwa (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 9:08

There is no joy
There is no hope
There is no beauty
There are no songs

There is just the man sleeping who, because he hates himself, believes I hate him too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a sad past few days

he just told me to leave.

So, do I leave? Or do I stay until he comes to himself? This came out of the blue.

o

Do not leave before you talk to a lawyer. If you leave there is a good chance he will get the home and money if there is either. If there isn't, leave. I would not stay with anyone who did not want me AND I would not let him see how much he hurt me. Life's experience has taught me the best way to deal with this is just to say.............okay. It will leave him somewhat deflated/shocked.

o

Why should you leave. If he's unhappy and wants out of this relationship, shouldn't he leave?

o

don't know how it is where you live, but here a judge is inclined to 'give' the house & the children if there are any to the person who did not 'abandon the family home'.

Tell him adios & help him pack.

o

sylvia, I was going to say that but the last time I did I was really jumped. LOL In my state they call it abandonment and the first one to file usually is given the home at least temporarily. My lawyer said another judge does not like to over ride the judgement of the first.

o

Sometimes I wonder if this forum shouldn't change from the Marriage forum to the Divorce forum. Without even knowing the full story, many people just jump on with comments like "dump him/her" etc. It's easy - and dangerous - to give that kind of advice when you have nothing at stake yourself.

I think some posters on here are only relating to their own negative past experiences instead of reading and listening to the problems of those asking for help and educated opinions.

o

Scarlet I agree 100% and have said so many times...so often around here people are told to "dump him" because of things that sometimes could be overcome if both parties really worked on it. But there are a lot of scorned / bitter people around here that do tend to relate their bad experiences with everyone else.

It's so easy to dish out advice when you have no stake in the outcome.....

o

I think that Jeaninwa hasn't given enough information for anyone to give advice. Without knowing how long they've been married, or even if they're married, are there children, who does the house belong to, etc. it's hard to say what to do next. Could he be having an affair? Has he been distant and no intimacy? Only Jean can answer those questions.

o

Looks like she is not talking.

o

She's been talking more over at the Kitchen Table.

o

Well, sure. They serve coffee there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here