SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluejames

I need to know - Please help! Exes and facebook problem

bluejames
14 years ago

First things first , I need to know if I'm being pathetic , a D*** or what I am feeling is normal and what I can do.

I'm a 26 year old male who works as a joiner. My girlfriend of 1 year and 3 months is 36 nearly 37. We are a great couple , we openly love each other and find new ways of showing it all the time. I would never want to change her in anyway and dont have any other place to turn or anyone i can talk to about this. I'm not confrontational and scared of arguing. Theres a few things that are really hurting me and I need to know if I'm over reacting or being unreasonable to feel this way.

First of all she is married but has been apart for 5 years , she is in regular contact with her husband who has found someone else too. She always talks about her exes too me and used to meet up with one of them ( which i said i had a problem with and it stopped ) I can understand her husband would of been a big part of life as she always tells me and my family at the dinner table her exe boyfriends and storys of her honeymoon in japan etc...Is this worng for me to be hurt or upset/angry by this?

On her left arm theres a tattoo of her husbands name in ancient irish or celt..i havent asked her to get it removed but I'm suprised she hasnt anyway..it hurts me when i look at it..is there anything i can do?

I was trawling through Facebok photos and showing my friend how gorgeous she was when i stumbled on her wedding photos and photos of her with her exes , theres about 12 of them..I was gutted about this. I want to tell her it upsets me but I cant bring myself to do it I feel like a knob.

She once showed me her wedding photos and i just bit my tongue.

It seems silly writing all this bad stuff down because we have loads of good moments ( millions ) She wouldnt be unfaithful and Im sure she doesnt have feelings for her Exes in fact I know she doesnt. I know im a good boyfriend although not perfect but i would never do any of the above - lthe other week she called a celeb "fit" to me and that was the final straw , its put me in such a bad and sad mood. Im a hard worker at my job , i enjoy my football too but that doesnt come first before she does

Am i over reacting , what can I do? say?

Thanks in advance

James

Comments (29)

Sponsored