Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fake wedding cake trend?

Posted by hitmark (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 2:40

In most wedding ceremonies, peoples mostly prefer artificial wedding cake, that are basically made of foam and covered with icing. And the cheep cake is ordered form a backing company to handle out the guest.. Even get pictures when cutting the cake. Has someone else observed this tendency? These all trends are for only to save wedding expenses. But it inconveniences me for some cause.

Opinion?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fake wedding cake trend?

Hitmark - no, I've never known such a thing and don't know where you get the idea that most people prefer fake cakes. No idea why you are asking the question or why "it inconveniences you for some cause". What's your point, and what conversation are you trying to get started? I see that you tend to start a new thread and never go back to respond to questions asked of you, and you post nonsensical responses to other people's threads. What's your story?

o

Good ol' hitmark. Another stimulating erudition to brighten our days and expand our minds.

o

Have never heard of fake cakes at weddings. Did you make it up hitmark? This question seems more appropriate for the Wedding forum. NancyLouise

o

I've heard of it. I don't know if I've seen one. Must be to save money? I think it's silly. Cut the darned cake and serve it to your guests.

o

We had a fake cake at our wedding. The top 2 layers were styrofoam and the bottom cakes were real. Not our idea but the cake makers idea.

Stacie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here